Practice Food Safety
- Your immune system may become weakened while undergoing treatment. Therefore, it is important to remember food safety and to put it into practice on a daily basis.
- Be sure to thoroughly wash all of your fresh fruits and vegetables, including the skins of melons.
- Do not cross-contaminate. Use separate knives and cutting boards for your meat and vegetables.
- Thaw your meat in the refrigerator instead of the countertop.
- Do not consume raw or undercooked meat, fish, eggs or poultry.