Roswell Park's Perioperative Services Department cares for patients of all ages in multiple surgical services including:
- Head & Neck
- Gastrointestinal (GI)
- Interventional Pulmonology
- Soft Tissue
- Gynecology (GYN)
- Genitourinary (GU)
- Advanced Endoscopy
At Roswell Park, an average of 10,000 procedures are performed each year ranging from lumpectomies to complex thoracic and neurological procedures.
Why Should You Work in the Perioperative Services?
Our nurses are committed, caring professionals who play an important and active role in each step of care in perioperative arena. From preoperative screening to postoperative recovery care, our staff members are an integral part of a care TEAM, where “Together Everyone Achieves More.” Our goal is to maximize the patient experience by ensuring our TEAM is given the support and training they need to rise to an expert level of care in all areas.
Nursing Roles in Perioperative Services
- ASC RN: Admits and prepares patients for surgery; instructs and discharges patient post-procedure.
- OR Circulator: Assists in the operating room; advocates for patient while under anesthesia.
- PACU RN: Recovers patients from anesthesia; prepares for discharge or admission.
- Endoscopy RN: Assists in endoscopic procedures; advocates for patients while under anesthesia.
- Multispecialty RN Coordinator: Each area has at least one MSC; manages day to day patient schedule; maintains instrumentation and equipment lists for procedures; coordinates staffing.
- Endoscopy RN Coordinator: Provides pre-procedure instruction for Endoscopic procedures; maintains quality metric database, provides post-procedure support and follow-up for patients.