Roswell Park Launches Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign at Galleria Event
“Double Check” initiative to launch at Breast Cancer Expo at Walden Galleria Oct. 16 & 17
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center will mark National Breast Cancer Awareness Month with an informational exposition October 16-17 at the Walden Galleria in Cheektowaga, NY. The expo will mark the launch of Double Check, a collaborative breast cancer empowerment initiative between Roswell Park and WGRZ-TV Channel 2, and include presentations by Roswell Park experts who will speak on need-to-know breast cancer topics.
The expo will be held outside Lord & Taylor on the mall’s lower level (use entrance between Lord & Taylor & Macy’s) Saturday, October 16 from 10am to 3pm and Sunday, October 17 from noon to 4pm.
Presentations for Saturday, October 16:
- 10 am - I Have an Abnormal Mammogram: What Do I Do Now?— Shicha Kumar, MD, Breast Surgeon, Roswell Park
- 11 am - A Breast Lump: What it Could Be and Why You Shouldn’t Panic — Foluso O. Ademuyiwa, MD, MPH, Medical Oncologist, Roswell Park
- Noon - Overview of Breast Cancer Care — Stephen B. Edge, MD, FACS, Breast Surgeon, Roswell Park
- 1 pm - Roswell Park’s Breast Cancer Risk Assessment & PreventionProgram — Swati Kulkarni, MD, FACS, Breast Surgeon, Roswell Park
- 2 pm - Overview of Breast Cancer Research and Clinical Studies at Roswell Park — Swati Kulkarni, MD, FACS, Breast Surgeon, Roswell Park
The schedule for Sunday, October 17:
- Noon - Roswell Park’s Breast Cancer Risk Assessment & Prevention Program — Mary Berry, FNP-BC, Nurse Practitioner
- 1 pm - Breast Cancer Surgery Options — Stephen B. Edge, MD, FACS, Breast Surgeon, Roswell Park
- 2 pm - Assuring High Quality Care: The Team Approach — Stephen B. Edge, MD, FACS, Breast Surgeon, Roswell Park
- 3 pm - Doctor, When Do I Need to Have a Mammogram? — Shicha Kumar, MD, Breast Surgeon, Roswell Park
For more information, see: http://www.roswellpark.org/expo.
Annie Deck-Miller, Senior Media Relations Manager