My name is Dr. Lorna Fitzpatrick and I’m an Associate Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center. My main clinical practice for Neuro-Oncology and Neurofibromatosis is based at Oishei Children’s Hospital. I also serve as a Clinical Associate Professor and as the Chief of Pediatric Medical Education at the Jacobs School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo.
I’ve taken leadership roles in a number of pediatric residency programs and service line areas, including:
- Director, Pediatric Residency Program, State University of New York at Buffalo.
- Co-Director, Combined Internal Medicine/Pediatric Residency Program, Women and Children’s Hospital of Buffalo
- Co-Director, Combined Pediatrics/Physical Medicine Rehabilitation Program, Women and Children’s Hospital of Buffalo
- Co-Director, Pediatric Neurology Residency Program, Women and Children’s Hospital of Buffalo
- Medical Director, Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Program, Women and Children’s Hospital of Buffalo
- Attending Physician, Division of Hematology/Oncology, UBMD Pediatrics, Women and Children’s Hospital of Buffalo
I’ve presented on topics such as pediatric brain tumor awareness and residency schedule/education.
My areas of expertise include:
- Pediatric hematology and oncology
- Pediatric medical education
- Pediatric neuro-oncology (my special interest)
I received my medical degree at the School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo in Buffalo, NY. I also completed my residency at St. Louis Children’s Hospital at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, MO and my fellowship at John Hopkins School of Medicine in Baltimore, MD. I completed the graduate training program in clinical investigation at John Hopkins University School of Hygiene and Public Health.
I am active in many service organizations and hold both committee and board of director positions. I’m a member of:
- The Irish American Pediatric Society
- Association of Pediatric Program Directors
- New York State Medical Society
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Children’s Oncology Group
- The Erie County Medical Society