Table of Contents
Get the answers to your most frequently asked questions.
Roswell Park’s Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
We are working proactively to protect the health and safety of everyone at all Roswell Park locations — patients, visitors, employees, volunteers, students and contractors. We are working closely with the CDC, the Erie County Department of Health and the New York State Department of Health to adapt as the situation evolves with best practices for infection control and guidance from public health officials.
Information for Roswell Park Care Network Patients
Along with other healthcare organizations, Roswell Park is strictly enforcing screening precautions for both patients and visitors. These precautions are extremely important at Roswell Park, as many of our patients have compromised immune systems and are particularly susceptible to illness.
Important things to know before your next visit to a Roswell Park location:
- Patients who are experiencing symptoms of illness (fever, cough or difficulty breathing), please call your clinic/provider before your arrival at a Roswell Park Care Network location.
- A single entrance will be used for patients and visitors, where a basic health screening will take place. Patients will be asked about any recent onset of illness (fever, cough or difficulty breathing) and your temperature will be taken.
- Masks will be provided, and patients and visitors should wear them at all times.
What you can do:
- Please be sure that your information on our patient portal is up to date. We will continue to communicate with our patients by email if the need arises.
- Follow Roswell Park on social media (Facebook, Twitter) for important reminders and updates.
- As with other infectious diseases, we recommend regular hand washing and use of proper infection prevention measures to avoid transmission of disease.
- As this is a rapidly evolving situation, we will post regular updates about the impact of the virus on our patient and visitor policies to this page. Check the web page before any upcoming appointments.
- If there are any specific questions regarding your visit to a Roswell Park location, call your clinic.
Information for Visitors
- Visitors with illness are asked to please refrain from visiting. If you are sick or if you believe that you have been exposed to a person with COVID-19 you should stay home as you will not be permitted entry.