Specializing In:Bioinformatics, Computational Biology
About Jie Wang
Dr. Wang received PhD in Biophysics from the Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences in 2003. She worked in the Bioinformatics and Integrative Biology Program at the University of Massachusetts as postdoctoral fellow and instructor with Dr. Zhiping Weng for about five years. At UMASS, she participated in the ENCODE project and studied the small RNAs mechanism by collaborating with professors like Dr. Theurkauf and Dr. Zamore.
Dr. Wang moved to Buffalo in 2013 and worked in the Genomics and Bioinformatics Core as Core Manager for Bioinformatics. In 2018, She joined Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center as Assistant Professor of Oncology.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
- Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
Education and Training:
- 2003-2008 - PhD - Bioinformatics, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
- 1999-2003 - BS - Biomedical Engineering, Southeast University, Nanjing, China
- 2008-2013 - Postdoctoral Research Fellow in bioinformatics, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA
- 2013-2018 - Research Assistant Professor, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
- 2011-2013 - Instructor, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA
- 2008-2011 - Postdoctoral Research Fellow in bioinformatics, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA
- Gong Z, Wang J, Wang D, Buas MF, Ren X, Freudenheim JL, Belinsky SA, Liu S, Ambrosone CB, Higgins MJ. Differences in microRNA expression in breast cancer between women of African and European ancestry. Carcinogenesis. 2019 Mar 12;40(1):61-69. doi: 10.1093/carcin/bgy134. PubMed PMID: 30321299; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6412125.
- Zhang Z, Wang J, Schultz N, Zhang F, Parhad SS, Tu S, Vreven T, Zamore PD, Weng Z, Theurkauf WE. The HP1 homolog rhino anchors a nuclear complex that suppresses piRNA precursor splicing. Cell. 2014 Jun 5;157(6):1353-63. doi: 10.1016/j.cell.2014.04.030. PubMed PMID: 24906152; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4167631.
- Wang J, Zhuang J, Iyer S, Lin XY, Greven MC, Kim BH, Moore J, Pierce BG, Dong X, Virgil D, Birney E, Hung JH, Weng Z. Factorbook.org: a Wiki-based database for transcription factor-binding data generated by the ENCODE consortium. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013 Jan;41(Database issue):D171-6. doi: 10.1093/nar/gks1221. Epub 2012 Nov 29. PubMed PMID: 23203885; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3531197.
- Wang J, Zhuang J, Iyer S, Lin X, Whitfield TW, Greven MC, Pierce BG, Dong X, Kundaje A, Cheng Y, Rando OJ, Birney E, Myers RM, Noble WS, Snyder M, Weng Z. Sequence features and chromatin structure around the genomic regions bound by 119 human transcription factors. Genome Res. 2012 Sep;22(9):1798-812. doi: 10.1101/gr.139105.112. PubMed PMID: 22955990; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3431495.
- Zhang F, Wang J, Xu J, Zhang Z, Koppetsch BS, Schultz N, Vreven T, Meignin C, Davis I, Zamore PD, Weng Z, Theurkauf WE. UAP56 couples piRNA clusters to the perinuclear transposon silencing machinery. Cell. 2012 Nov 9;151(4):871-884. doi: 10.1016/j.cell.2012.09.040. PubMed PMID: 23141543; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3499805.