Even as a child, I knew I wanted to become a doctor. I felt like no other profession managed to merge my passion for science with my desire to serve others. These core interests helped fuel my medical education and, ultimately, helped me realize I need to pursue a career in gynecologic oncology.
From serving in schools as an AmeriCorps member to founding a street medicine program for the homeless in my hometown, I have sought to provide care for the most vulnerable in my community throughout my professional life. My interest in health disparities and finding ways to improve access to care fueled my involvement in international health care and local free clinics throughout medical school.
During residency at Magee Womens Hospital in Pittsburgh, I developed a deep passion for gynecologic oncology and the opportunity to care for patients dealing with complex, life-changing diagnoses. I was particularly drawn to the unique balance of deeply meaningful patient interactions and a constantly evolving practice that impels providers to be learners, innovators, and teachers.
I am thrilled to be able to continue my training in Buffalo at Roswell Park. The people and resources at this hospital provide terrific learning opportunities while offering excellent care for the region.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Gynecologic Oncology
Education and Training:
- 2015 - MD - Morsani College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- 2008 - Chemistry, Bachelor of Science, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- 2019 - OB/GYN, Magee Womens Hospital at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- 2022 (anticipated) - Gynecologic Oncology, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, Buffalo, NY
- Society for Gynecologic Oncology
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologist - Junior Fellow in Training
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
Honors & Awards:
- 2015 - Leonard Tow Humanism in Medicine Award, USF Morsani College of Medicine
- 2014 - Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Student Service Leadership Project Award