About Gopal Menon
Gopal is a surgical oncology fellow at Roswell Park. After completing medical school in India, he worked at an aboriginal hospital for 2 years before his surgical residency in New York. He spent 2 research years at the Program in Global Surgery and Social Change, working predominantly in Tanzania while completing an MPH. His research interests include global surgical oncology and surgical cost-effectiveness. At present, he is pursuing an MBA at the Simon Business School.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Complex General Surgical Oncology Fellow
- Department of Surgical Oncology
Education and Training:
- 2021-2023 - MBA - Simon Business School, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY
- 2017-2019 - MPH - Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Boston, MA
- 2011 - MBBS - St. John's National Academy of Health Sciences, Karnataka, India
- 2014-2017 - New York Presbyterian, Queens, NY
- 2019-2021 - New York Presbyterian, Columbia University, New York City, NY
- 2017-2019 - Paul Farmer Fellow in Global Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- American College of Surgeons
- Society for Surgical Oncology
- Society of Asian Academic Surgeons
• Young MT*, Menon G.*, Pigazzi A, et al. (2014) Laparoscopic versus robotic-assisted rectal surgery: a comparison of postoperative outcomes. Am Surg. 2014 Oct;80(10):1059-63. *Co-first author .
• Hwang, G. S., Menon, G., Pigazzi, A. et al, (2015). Colorectal surgery in Parkinson's disease—outcomes and predictors of mortality. International Journal of Colorectal Disease, 30(8), 1051– 1058.
• Wurdeman T, Menon G., Meara JG, Alkire BC. A country-level comparison of access to quality surgical and non-surgical healthcare from 1990-2016. PLoS One. 2020 Nov 3;15(11):e0241669.
• Jumbam DT*, Menon G.*, Nguhuni B., et al., Surgical referrals in Northern Tanzania: a prospective assessment of rates, preventability, reasons, and patterns. BMC Health Serv Res. 2020 Aug 8;20(1):725.
• Alidina S*, Menon G*, Staffa S, Maongezi S et al. Outcomes of a multicomponent safe surgery intervention in Tanzania's Lake Zone: a prospective, longitudinal study, International Journal for Quality in Health Care, Volume 33, Issue 2, 2021.