Skip to main content
Policies Regarding Post-doctoral Appointment Eligibility
Post Doctoral Scholar Appointment Eligibility
- The appointee was recently (within 5 years) awarded a Ph.D., M.D., M.D./Ph.D., or Sc.D.
- The appointment involves full-time research or scholarship; and
- The appointment is viewed as preparatory for a scientific or academic career; and
- The appointee works under the supervision of a faculty member or a senior scholar; and
- The appointee is expected to publish the results of his or her research or scholarship, which were obtained during the period of the appointment.
Policies Concerning Scientific Postdoctoral Scholars
- Consistent with the definition above, the postdoctoral appointment should remain a temporary (term) appointment with a primary purpose of providing additional research or scholarly development and training for a career in science.
- The Sr. VP for Educational Affairs is assigned responsibility for monitoring postdoctoral policies to assure consistent application of those policies across the institution.