Admission, Financial Assistance
Applications for admission to the Graduate School can be obtained by contacting:
The Admissions Committee evaluates the credentials of Ph.D. applicants and determines those likely to succeed. In addition, the committee identifies candidates who will be offered graduate fellowships for the first year of study. Students in the second year and beyond are supported by research assistantships provided by their chosen research advisor. Such fellowships and assistantships usually include a tuition waiver and health insurance. Students applying for financial assistance are encouraged to apply no later than February 1 for Fall admission.
Prospective students may wish to visit the Institute. They are invited to write to the:
- Cancer Pathology & Prevention Program
Roswell Park Graduate Division
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
Elm and Carlton Streets
Buffalo, New York 14263
or call (716) 837-0224 for an appointment or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Bachelor of arts or sciences from an accredited college; orDoctor of medicine, dental surgery or veterinary medicineLetters of recommendationGraduate Record Examination with a subject test in biology or biochemistry; alternatively,M.C.A.T. may be used3.0 (B) G.P.A.
How to Apply
The Interactive Application site enables you to submit an electronic application for graduate study at the University at Buffalo.
Submit the Following
- Application fee ($50, U.S. funds), payable to SUNY at Buffalo
- Official academic transcripts
- Letters of recommendation (2)
- Personal statement and resume
- Official standardized test scores (G.R.E. verbal, quantitative, analytical); Subject test scores required for foreign applicants.
- TOEFL (600 score for traditional tests; 250 for computer-based tests); TWE (4.0) and TSE (50) for foreign applicants.
Preference for admission is given to those whose applications are received on or before February 1. Each PhD student who is accepted will be considered for a fellowship for the first year of academic studies. Support for subsequent years will be provided by the major research advisor. Current first-year fellowship is $24,000.