Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center is pleased to present the Pharmacy Oncology Symposium 2017, an educational activity designed to update physicians, pharmacists, NPs and PAs on current and upcoming regulations and standards of care for oncology patients on opioids, checkpoint inhibitors, sleep medications, and financial concerns.
Following this program, prescribers and pharmacists will be able to:
- Recognize where to utilize checkpoint inhibitor therapy in renal cell carcinoma.
- Manage adverse effects related to checkpoint inhibitor therapy.
- Know the requirements for dispensing controlled substances in NYS.
- Identify when to use controlled substances for pain and palliative care purposes in cancer patients.
- Discuss the ethical issues related to the costs of cancer care.
- Examine the financial concerns when applying for prior authorization for new cancer therapies.
- Determine the appropriate sleep medication to be used in cancer patients with various sleep disorders.
Date: Saturday, November 11, 2017
Time: 7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Location: Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, Research Studies Center, Elm & Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263
Due to unforeseen circumstances, a change in the agenda has been made and the number of CME and CE credits available have been reduced from 6.0 to 5.5.
AMA, ACPE, AANP
The University at Buffalo School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. The Pharmacy Oncology symposium” is a knowledge-based activity and will award up to 5.5 contact hours of continuing pharmacy education credit. Please note individual sessions have been accredited for this activity. Continuing education credit will be uploaded to the CPE Monitor based on the individual sessions attended and completion of the CE attendance form.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to sponsor continuing medical education for physicians. Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 5.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity is approved for 5.5 contact hour(s) of continuing education (which includes 3.0 hours of pharmacology) by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. Activity ID 17102892. This activity was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies.
Elm & Carlton Streets
Buffalo, NY, 14263