Designed for hematologists, oncologists, pathologists, radiation oncologists and other health care providers who care for patients with hematologic malignancies, this program will focus on the most clinically-relevant research findings presented at recent national events, and how to apply this information in specific patient cases.
Following this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe how to tailor the management of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL), including the possible use of novel therapeutic agents developed for the management of aggressive lymphoma.
- Evaluate therapeutic approaches for CLL patients in the era of novel targeted agents.
- Discuss the evolving changes in the management of Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
- Examine different therapeutic approaches for relapsed/refractory MM, including identifying the role of maintenance therapy in relapsed/refractory MM.
- Discuss bone health, pain control and surgical interventions in MM patients.
- Incorporate novel monoclonal antibodies in the management of relapsed/refractory MM.
- Know the underlying pathogenesis of MDS, and describe how personalized medicine is changing treatment approaches in patients with MDS.
- Know how risk adaptive stratification tools are being used to select treatments for young and elderly patients with AML.
- Integrate gene sequencing information into the management of relapsed/refractory AML.
- Identify biomarkers that can predict the clinical course of patients with different subtypes of MPD.
- Explain how to integrate novel agents in the management of MPD patients.
- Identify who is the ideal patient for CART19 therapy in B-cell lymphoma, and learn the effectiveness of the therapy.
- Identify who is the ideal patient for CART therapy in MM, and learn the effectiveness of the therapy.
- Discuss the ABCs of recognizing and managing CRS and neurotoxicity in CART therapy patients.
Date: Saturday, February 16, 2019
Time: 8:00 a.m. - 5:15 p.m.
Location: Hotel Henry, 444 Forest Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14213
This activity is pending approval for 7.0 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Directions and Parking:
Enter the following address into mobile device or GPS:
“Corner of Rockwell Road & Cleveland Circle, Buffalo, NY 14213”
Make sure to enter from the Rockwell Road/Buffalo State side of the building. From Elmwood Avenue, turn onto Rockwell Road. At the 2nd stop sign, turn left into Hotel Henry entrance at Cleveland Circle where you will see a sign for Hotel Henry. Bear slightly right. After the first stop sign, there will be a Y in the road. Turn left towards the sculpture and glass atrium entrance. Proceed around circle to valet parking, which is FREE for participants.
It is recommended that you use the free valet parking. If you do not use the valet, Roswell Park cannot be held responsible for any ticketed vehicles. Street parking is available in marked spaces on Richardson Road when turning off of Rockwell Road towards Hotel Henry or there is limited parking in designated lots.
For additional information, visit https://www.hotelhenry.com/parking/ - Note that you must use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge to access this link.
If you have any questions, please contact Denise Hammell at (716) 845-5706 or email@example.com