Designed for hematologists, oncologists, pathologists, radiation oncologists and other health care providers who care for patients with hematologic malignancies, this program will focus on the most clinically-relevant research findings presented at recent national events, and how to apply this information in specific patient cases!
Following this program, participants should be able to:
- Discuss the management of elderly patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma.
- Review updates in the management of chronic lymphocytic leukemia and other low-grade lymphomas.
- Recognize the role of drug conjugates in the front line setting for Hodgkin’s lymphoma and evaluate the activity of checkpoint inhibitors in lymphoid malignancies.
- Identify the role of bone marrow transplant and compare and contrast available induction regimens for newly–diagnosed multiple myeloma patients.
- Examine different therapeutic approaches for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma.
- Review novel agent combinations for patients with multiple myeloma.
- Assess treatment changes in the risk stratification and management of acute myeloid leukemia.
- Apply gene-sequencing in the day-to-day management of patients with myelodysplasia or acute myeloid leukemia.
- Discuss management of patients with myeloproliferative disorders.
- Determine how to select and perform appropriate diagnostic modalities for an integrated approach toward clinical-pathological correlation for patient management.
Date: Saturday, May 5, 2018
Time: 7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Location: Marriott Syracuse Downtown, 100 E. Onondaga St., Syracuse, NY 13202
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to sponsor continuing medical education for physicians.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 5.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This education activity will be submitted to the American Association of Nurse Practitioners for approval of up to 5.0 contact hours of accredited education.
Parking will be validated only for parking in the Harrison Place Parking Garage, 100 Harrison Place, Syracuse. Important: The parking garage with the sky bridge attached to the hotel is not the correct hotel parking garage if you want to have your parking validated. Bring your ticket from the Harrison Place Garage to the registration desk and you will receive a validation sticker to place on your ticket. Insert the ticket with the adhered sticker into the parking kiosk when leaving, and the fee will not be charged to you.