The clinical practice of oncology is a rapidly-evolving discipline. This program will provide physicians – especially oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, hematologists, radiation oncologists, and surgical oncologists – as well as cancer-interested dermatologists, gastroenterologists, nephrologists, pulmonologists, urologists, nurse practitioners and physician assistants, with a summary of the latest advances in discipline-related cancers. New therapeutic agents will be a topic of discussion. This program will focus on how these new advances will impact the practice of oncology today.
Following this program, participants should be able to:
- Examine the changes being adopted in the clinical management of leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma.
- Discuss recent clinical studies evaluating the activity of checkpoint inhibitors in solid tumor malignancies, including breast, GU, GI, lung, sarcoma, gynecological cancers, head and neck cancer, and melanoma.
- Appraise the potential of novel agents and drug combinations in early clinical trials.
- Recognize important toxicities associated with immune checkpoint inhibitors and their management.
- Discuss the importance of clinical trials in the development of novel anti-cancer modalities and combinations, and the use of correlative studies in their development.
October 5, 2019
Time: 7:15 a.m. - 5:15 p.m.
Location: Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
Elm & Carlton Streets
Buffalo, NY 14263
Roswell Park Cancer Institute is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to sponsor continuing medical education for physicians. Roswell Park Cancer Institute designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 7.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The Research Studies Center is located across the street from the Hospital building on Elm & Carlton Streets. Enter the building from Carlton St. Complimentary parking is available in the hospital parking ramp on Elm & Carlton; free parking vouchers will be provided at the registration desk. Metered parking is available on the street; look for the payment kiosks along Elm & Virginia Streets.