Over the past five years, RPCI has emerged as a national leader in minimally invasive, as well as limb and organ-conserving surgeries, and its programs and capabilities are expanding every day.
- The first and only center to receive accreditation in Robot-Assisted Surgical Training by the Société Internationale d’Urologie. This international accreditation allows RPCI to provide three-month fellowships, which include developing laparoscopic and robot-assisted surgical skills and case observership to promising physicians early in their careers.
- An internationally-recognized program for robotic surgical training
- Pioneering the use of Robotic surgery for urologic and gastrointestinal cancers
- A nationally-recognized breast cancer treatment center with one of the most well-documented outcomes for breast surgery in the country. More than 75 percent of women with early-stage breast cancer are treated with breast-conserving surgery.
- A comprehensive multidisciplinary sarcoma center
- Houses one of only a dozen Regional Centers for Maxillofacial Prosthetics in the U.S.
- The only established Hepatobiliary center in upstate New York
- Offers many of the latest surgical techniques and procedures, including: HIPEC; Minimally invasive, video-assisted thoracic (VATS) surgery; Gamma Knife, stereotactic craniotomies, microneurosurgery, minimally invasive skull base surgery, cortical mapping/ awake craniotomies (brain/spine); Isolated Limb Infusion/Perfusion; IORT
Access to the World’s First Robotic Surgery Simulator