An engineering internship can be a great stepping stone for those interested in a career in this field. The ATLAS Engineering Internship is a unique way to obtain hands-on experience by conducting new or assisting current projects and everyday tasks under the areas of biomedical, computer science, industrial engineering, and related fields. The ATLAS program consists of scientists, engineers, data managers, medical providers, artists and marketing professionals from all walks of life. It is a rather unique multi disciplinary team that provides a vibrant work environment.
If you are joining us at ATLAS, you are joining us as our peer. Although there are no menial tasks in this position like running for coffee or crunching numbers, that does mean that your role comes with certain responsibilities. You will be expected to take on and complete project or tasks related to the needs of the program and your area of interest. Additionally, we expect you to stand your ground in debates, develop and appropriately express your opinions, help grow the program, your peers and yourself, and above all else work towards results!
- At least two (2) years completed in an undergraduate program in engineering
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Available 10-20 hours/week (NEW INTERNS MUST WORK FROM RPCI'S CAMPUS)
- Masters Students: We are open to the possibility of having a thesis project completed at ATLAS. Please keep in mind that the project must be centered on an ATLAS project and is not guaranteed until thoroughly discussed and agreed upon with the ATLAS Director.
Necessary for Application:
- Two (2) letters of recommendation or references (academic or professional)
- Cover letter
- Current curriculum vitae or resume
The candidate should possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to manage numerous projects, requests, and responsibilities
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter, proactive and resourceful
Areas of concentration may include but are not limited to the following:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Industrial Engineering
Apply for the ATLAS Engineering Internship