Donor Bill of Rights
All Roswell Park Donors have the right to the following:
- Considerate and respectful care in a clean and safe environment.
- Receive information in a manner that can be fully understood including the services of an interpreter to assist in cases of language, hearing or vision impairments.
- Know the name, position and function of all Donor Center staff providing care to each donor.
- Complete current information regarding donor eligibility and collection procedures in terms that each donor can understand.
- Receive information necessary to give informed consent prior to the start of each procedure, including any possible adverse effects that may accompany the donation.
- A confidential medical history and consideration to privacy throughout the donation process.
- Confidential treatment of all donor records to the extent permitted by law.
- Withdraw from any procedure any time.
- Review written post-donation instructions.
- Request the confidential disposal of their donation.
- Have his or her complaints resolved in a fair and timely manner.