About Demytra Mihailidis
It is an honor for me to treat patients from Western New York throughout their cancer journey. I am passionate about providing the latest treatment options for each patient here at Roswell Park. In addition to providing patients and their families with top notch medical treatment, I believe that it is the duty of each physician to guide their patients with empathy, understanding, and excellent communication skills. When a patient enters my clinic, I strive to answer all questions they may have and treat them in a manner in which I would want my family members treated. I enjoy collaborating with each patient and all of the medical professionals at Roswell Park to create an individualized care plan. I enjoy playing the piano and visiting the various WNY beaches with my husband and children.
Roswell Park Care Network
- Medical Oncologist/Hematologist
- Roswell Park Hematology Oncology Northtowns
Education and Training:
- 2001-2005 - Bachelor of Medical Sceinces (B.MSc.): University of Western Ontario
- 2006-2010 - MD: St. George's University
- 2010-2013 - Internal Medicine Residency: University of Connecticut
- 2013-2014 - Chief of Medical Resident: University of Connecticut
- 2014-2017 - Medical Oncology and Hematology: Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Internal Medicine
- Medical Oncology
- American Society of Clinical Oncologists (ASCO)
- American Society of Hematology (ASH)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM)
- Medical Director - Callahan Cancer Center, NE
Honors & Awards:
- Gold Humanism Honor Society Inductee 2016
- ASCO Merit Award for Research 2015
- 1st Place Clinical Research Award, University at Buffalo 2015
- Global Community Service Award, University of Connecticut 2014
- Outpatient Clinical Medicine Award, University of Connecticut 2013
- Intern of the Year Award, University of Connecticut 2011
BOOK CHAPTER. Reproductive Complications. Demytra Mitsis, Lynda Kwon Beaupin and Tracey O'Connor Abeloff's Clinical Oncology, 43, 665-675.e3
Exceptional Clinical Response to BRAF-Targeted Therapy in a Patient with Metastatic Sarcoma. Mitsis D, Opyrchal M, Zhao Y, Kane Iii JM, Cheney R, Salerno KE. Cureus. 2015 Dec 28;7(12):e439. doi: 10.7759/cureus.439.
Current Immunotherapies for Sarcoma: Clinical Trials and Rationale. Mitsis D, Francescutti V, Skitzki J. Sarcoma. 2016;2016:9757219. doi: 10.1155/2016/9757219. Epub 2016 Sep 14.
Atypical presentation of fever as hypersensitivity reaction to oxaliplatin. Khurana A, Mitsis D, Kowlgi GN, Holle LM, Clement JM. J Oncol Pharm Pract. 2016 Apr;22(2):319-24. doi: 10.1177/1078155214558350. Epub 2014 Oct 30.
Wrong-sided and wrong-level neurosurgery: a national survey. Jhawar BS, Mitsis D, Duggal N. J Neurosurg Spine. 2007 Nov;7(5):467-72. doi: 10.3171/SPI-07/11/467.