If you find yourself in any of the following situations, please contact the Office of Technology Transfer at 716-845-1060 or email@example.com so we can work together throughout the technology transfer and commercialization processes:
- You have developed an invention
- You are named as an inventor on a patent application filed by a company or a branch of the U.S. government
- You are asked to provide unpublished information or research results to a company
- You are going to publish a paper or give a presentation about a research project that may involve a new invention
- A company expresses a desire to license technology from your laboratory
- You already have, or would like to start, a company based on technology developed at the Institute
Please take the time to review the Office of Technology Transfer’s standard Invention Disclosure Form and keep it in mind when you are conducting research. If you do invent a new or improved technology, complete the form and submit it to the Tech Transfer Office.