Research Associate in GI Surgery
- Opportunity to learn the fundamentals of GI/endocrine cancer epidemiological, outcomes based research at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer center (RPCCC), Buffalo, New York. RPCCC is one of the nation’s oldest standalone NCI designated cancer centers.
- Exposure to organizing and carrying out clinical trials for gastrointestinal malignancies.
- Create a foundation for a future career in academic surgery in the USA.
We are interested in medical students or postgraduate medical trainees wanting to establish an academic career in surgery/surgical specialties in the United States. This will be a 2-year position with an option to extend further as needed. Funding for salary will not be provided unless the applicant is successful in obtaining grant funding. We can provide limited help with travel and accommodations. We will provide access to extensive resources while on campus carrying on research activities.
- The primary focus will be to carry out research activities as outlined by your mentor in GI/Endocrine malignancies.
- Access to weekly didactics, journal clubs, preoperative conferences along with complex general surgical oncology fellowship trainees
- Exposure to operative cases including Minimally Invasive Robotics surgery (Optional)
Ideal applicant: We prefer applicants that have cleared USMLE, fully conversant in English language and have good writing ability in English as well. They must be committed to working hard and extremely dedicated to establishing a career in academic surgery.
Visa: Applicants will have to qualify for J1 (Research) visa and incur the cost associated with it. We will provide supporting documents as needed.
To apply : Please submit a CV, USMLE scores, Personal Statement and 2 supporting letters from Surgery faculty and email to Moshim.email@example.com