The laboratory of Dr. Andrew Goey is looking for a highly motivated and clinically oriented postdoctoral fellow to work on improving cancer treatments by pharmacogenetics. Research that will be carried out is highly translational and include genetic association studies, clinical trials, and in vitro drug metabolism experiments.
The preferred candidate will have a track record of publications in the fields of pharmacogenetics and clinical pharmacology. Expected duties of the postdoctoral fellow include management and conduct of pharmacogenetic research projects, assistance in writing manuscripts, mentoring junior lab members, and applying for independent fellowship funding.
Working in the laboratory of Dr. Goey will offer the successful candidate the unique opportunity to build his/her career in an inspiring multidisciplinary setting by collaborating with many of Roswell Park’s Shared Resources and clinicians at an NCI Comprehensive Cancer Center.
The following publications exemplify representative pharmacogenetic projects:
- Goey AKL, et al. - Effects of pharmacogenetic variants on vemurafenib-related toxicities in patients with melanoma. Pharmacogenomics 2019;20(18):1283-1290.
- Goey AKL, et al. - Effects of UGT1A1 genotype on the pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and toxicities of belinostat administered by 48 h continuous infusion in patients with cancer. J Clin Pharmacol. 2016 Apr;56(4):461-73.
For more information about the laboratory of Dr. Goey, please visit: https://www.roswellpark.org/andrew-goey.
- Pharm.D., M.D., or Ph.D. in Clinical Pharmacology, Pharmacogenetics/Pharmacogenomics, or Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Ability to perform independently genetic association studies, including clinical data abstraction from electronic health records, database building, and statistical analyses (e.g., Fisher’s exact test, logistic regression).
- Ability to perform laboratory experiments (e.g., in vitro drug metabolism and transport experiments, western blotting).
- Proactive, critical, and detail-oriented attitude.
- Excellent skills in writing scientific publications and verbally presenting research data.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, a CV, and a list of three references to Dr. Andrew Goey (Andrew.Goey@RoswellPark.org).