The software developer will join a highly motivated and cross-functional IT team and work at the forefront of Precision Medicine in cancer diagnosis and treatment. You will have the opportunity to use the modern software development methodology and technologies, participate the whole software development life cycle, and make direct impact on improving patients’ cancer diagnosis and treatments.
- Work closely with other software engineers to implement web-based software and data solutions using existing and emerging technology platforms
- Participate requirement elicitation with laboratory scientists as well as different functional teams such as client relations, financial services, lab operations, and R&D team
- Perform technical design and implementation to streamline the workflows of data ingestion, processing, and visualization in cancer research and clinical studies
- Perform the application testing and validation, and documentations
- Maintain legacy software platform to ensure business operations, monitor system performance and suggest opportunities for improvement
To apply, please forward your resume to Jenna Murray, Operations Manager and Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com
Applicants must have a:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, clinical informatics or related field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in independent web development in Java or Python
- Industrial experience with full SDLC and agile development methodology
- Experience in relational databases is required, knowledge and experience in NoSQL databases are highly desired
- Experience working with scientists in biotech/pharmaceutical company and/or clinical labs highly desired
- Knowledge of LIMS systems is preferred, and exposure to LabVantage is a strong plus
- Strong communications skills and team player mentality, but able to work independently as required
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. as sponsorship is NOT available
- Position is designated on-site in Buffalo, NY and not available as remote
Applicants must reference the Posting # when applying for this position.
Interested applicants may apply by uploading a cover letter and resume below in Microsoft Word or PDF format.