The Bioinformatics Engineer will be responsible for software analysis and development in support of projects and initiatives within the OmniSeq Software Development team. He/she will collaborate with clinical informatics, bioinformatics, others in the IT group, and other stakeholders to create or refine analysis tools, user interfaces, data visualization tools, and customer facing web interfaces.
- Work within a team of software developers focused on developing software bioinformatics pipeline to support the initiatives of OmniSeq
- Gather requirements and understand the end user’s needs
- Develop software to implement the gathered requirements
- Create documentation for requirements and design
- Test, debug, and maintain existing systems
- Provide operational support for bioinformatics scientists
To apply, please forward your resume to Jenna Murray, Operations Manager and Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com
Applicants must have a
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field and the equivalent of two years of full-time industrial experience
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. as Visa sponsorship is NOT available
- Position is designated on-site and not available as remote.
They should also have:
- Proficiency in Python, R, Unix shell script, Perl, PHP
- Experience working within software development life cycles is required
- Experience with MongoDB (and/or CouchDB), MySQL and Oracle is required
- Software engineering experience in a regulated environment is preferred but not required
- Familiarity with CLIA, and HIPAA is preferred but not required
- Experience with source code management systems
- Team oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and results-oriented startup environment
Applicants must reference the Posting # when applying for this position.
Interested applicants may apply by uploading a cover letter and resume below in Microsoft Word or PDF format.