This position is oncology focused and involves traditional molecular pathology technologies, next generation sequencing on both the PGM and MiSeq, as well as new technologies currently under development such as nCounter digital detection. The RPCI Molecular Pathology Laboratory is a state-of-the-art laboratory with strong institutional commitment for the future. This position has exceptional potential for advancement for the right individual with the right skill set.
• Assist in the validation and implementation of novel molecular pathology assays, including next generation sequencing, digital detection, ISH, IHC, etc.
• Assist in the development of IT solutions to laboratory management and test development.
• Assist in profi ciency testing for various analytes.
• Implement Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA) regulations, as applicable.
• Present results at meetings and in medical/scientifi c publications.
• Build key partnerships with key opinion leaders in oncology and pathology.
• Support management with recommendations on various laboratory practices.
• Support the sales team with issues of customer relations and train sales representatives, employees and customers.
• Compose or review company literature, including patient reports, promotional material, etc.
Applicants must possess a M.D., Ph.D. or M.D. /Ph.D. degree with appropriate fellowship training (preferred) and/or experience, be Molecular Pathology Board certified or Board eligible and possess a New York State Certificate of Qualification in Molecular Oncology eligibility and ability to travel (up to 30%).
• Profound understanding of personalized medicine and its clinical implications in oncology.
• General understanding of IT solutions for laboratory practices, LIMS, etc.
• Strong attention to detail with problem-solving abilities related to data analysis and interpretation.
• Strong background in molecular techniques, including PCR, sequencing and FISH, and experience in IHC.
• Conscientious and precise delivery of work even when under pressure.
• Commitment to detailed record-keeping in keeping with all regulatory requirements.
• Ability to work well on an independent basis and work in a team environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally.
The Molecular Pathology Laboratory Director reports to: Executive Director, Center for Personalized Medicine.
Candidates should submit their curriculum vitae and cover letter confidentially to: Kathryn.Hall@roswellpark.org or to Kathryn Hall, RPCI Human Resources Department, Elm & Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263.