The Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, Western New York’s only NCI designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, has initiated a search for a Chair of Radiology. Successful candidates should have exceptional radiology leadership skills to direct and expand the clinical and teaching aspects of the department and to develop and support the clinical research activities of the Cancer Center.
Roswell Park is composed of 14 major buildings on 1.8Msf and with more than 80,000sf of oncology ambulatory and inpatient space with 12 ambulatory clinics and 133 active inpatient beds including medical, surgical and bone marrow transplant units with a 12 bed ICU. The hospital and clinics are staffed by 668 oncology specialists including 194 clinical faculty.
Roswell Park has vigorous research in genomics, genetics, immunology, immunotherapy, cell stress biology, population science, molecular epidemiology, tobacco policy, and experimental therapeutics, which provides incredible opportunity for collaboration and investigator-initiated research projects. Core services including tissue and blood/serum bio-banking, biostatistics and bioinformatics, small animal imaging, therapeutic cell production, biomedical data science shared resource, flow cytometry, bioanalytics, metabolomics and pharmacokinetics and clinical research services including clinical protocol data management are available to support research activities.
At present, the department consists of approximately 125 employees including 20 Faculty members. Subspecialties include: Body Imaging, Ultrasound, Body MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Interventional Radiology, Neuroradiology, and Breast Imaging. The Department performs in excess of 100,000 studies annually using the following State-of-the-Art equipment: 1.5 & 3T MRI (with an additional 3T and replacement 1.5T to be installed), 4 CT scanners, 1 PET/CT, 3 SPECT/CTs, 2 state of the art IR Suites, 3 Breast Tomosynthesis Systems, and a variety of up to date x-ray and ultrasound units.
• Overseeing all clinical aspects of the Department to include the delivery of high quality, safe, and efficient patient care. This includes timely access of radiologic services for patients and supporting the clinical needs of the multidisciplinary Disease Site Groups (DSSG) strategy
• Teaching and supporting research within the Institute
• Managing the overall operations (strategic planning, faculty recruitment, financial operations, and capital equipment recommendations) in close collaboration with the Department Administrator
Additional experience or training includes:
• Board Certified in Radiology
• Subspecialty Fellowship training
• Significant leadership experience with demonstrated, organizational, fiscal and managerial responsibility
Interested candidates should forward CV and names of three references to:
Angela Gunther, MBA, PHR, AASPR
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Elm and Carlton Streets, Buffalo, NY 14263
Roswell Park Cancer Institute is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer