Roswell Park offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Description of Duties:
The Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant provides health care services to pediatric and/or adult patients including health promotion, cancer prevention, care for acute and chronic phases of illness as well as patient and family education and counseling. the Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant also refers patients to other health care providers and community resources when appropriate.
Applicants must have:
1. License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of New York; and
2. Current Nurse Practitioner certification in New York State; and
3. Certification or eligibility for certification as a Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center or other national certifying body recognized by Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA).
4. Certification or eligibility for Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in Nursing.
As a condition of continued employment, incumbents must obtain certification as a Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center or other national certifying body recognized by Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) within nine (9) months of their appointment to this title as required by Medicare.
Required degrees must have been granted by an accredited college or university or one recognized by Roswell Park Cancer Institute as following acceptable educational practices.
License and Certification Requirements
1. License to practice as a Registered Physician Assistant in the State of New York; and
2. Certification as a Registered Physician Assistant by the National Commission for Certification of Physicians Assistants (NCCPA) or other national certifying body recognized by the New York State Education Department.
3. Certification or eligibility for Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies; or
2. Bachelor’s degree and completion of a Physician Assistant Certificate Program recognized by the New York State Education Department.
The preferred candidate will be Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner and will have experience in acute care, oncology, and stem cell transplant.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com
Applicants must reference the Posting # when applying for this position.
Interested applicants may apply by uploading a cover letter and resume below in Microsoft Word or PDF format.