RPCI offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Description of Duties:
The Training and Information Officer (TIO) will be responsible to act as a liaison to IT, assisting with Access and Video Control Systems as well as Operations Training and Development of Public Safety Officers for the protection of persons and property and the enforcement of all RPCI policies, procedures, rules and regulations as well as Federal, State and local laws to prevent losses due to accidents and incidents. The TIO will assist Public Safety Administration with decisions on hiring, promotions, and terminations; demonstrates the proper guidelines for the use of force, enforces all federal, state and local laws as well as all facility policies and procedures.
License and Certification Requirements
1. Certification or the ability to obtain certification as a New York State Peace Officer within one (1) year of hire; and
2. Valid New York State driver’s license or the ability to obtain one within thirty (30) days of hire; and
3. Certification as a New York State General Topics Instructor, New York State Security Guard Instructor, teaching certificate, or (3) years experience as a certified trainer; and/or
4. Completion of a CR 2500 Lenel Administrator Certification Course or CR 2600 Lenel Operator Certification Course or similar video and access control systems certification, showing system understanding and troubleshooting expertise of related computer based operating access and video systems.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Police Science or a related field and the equivalent of one (1) year of full-time experience in a law enforcement or security organization, exposed to functions whose diversity is similar to those at RPCI; or
2. Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice, Police Science or a related field and the equivalent of two (2) years of full-time experience in a law enforcement or security organization, exposed to functions whose diversity is similar to those at RPCI; or
3. High School diploma or G.E.D. and the equivalent of four (4) years of full-time experience in a law enforcement or security organization, exposed to functions whose diversity is similar to those at RPCI; and
4. Absence of a felony criminal record.
1. These minimum qualifications are subject to change. Incumbents must meet specific physical and medical requirements at the time of appointment and at appropriate intervals thereafter.
2. Incumbents must maintain certification as a New York State Peace Officer as a condition of continued employment.
3. Required degrees must have been granted by an accredited college or university or one recognized by Roswell Park Cancer Institute as following acceptable educational practices.
Applicants must reference the Posting # when applying for this position.
Interested applicants may apply by uploading a cover letter and resume below in Microsoft Word or PDF format.