Per diem; 8 hours biweekly; variable hours for coverage.
$17.14 per hour.
Description of Duties:
Protects Institute staff and property against fire, theft, vandalism and illegal entry. Patrols buildings and ground of Institute work sites periodically. Must have a working knowledge of all applicable safety codes, rules and regulations as well as knowledge of The Joint Commission and the HCFA. The Public Safety Officer I has considerable contact inside and outside the department, other departments, patients, vendors or sales representatives.
License and Certification Requirements
1. Certification or the ability to obtain certification as a New York State Peace Officer within one (1) year of hire.
2. Valid New York State driver’s license or the ability to obtain one within thirty (30) days of hire.
Education and Experience
1. Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice, Police Science or a related field; or
2. High School diploma or G.E.D. and the equivalent of one (1) year of full-time experience in a security organization, exposed to functions whose diversity is similar to those at RPCI; and
3. Absence of a felony criminal record.
1. These minimum qualifications are subject to change. Incumbents must meet specific physical and medical requirements at the time of appointment and at appropriate intervals thereafter.
2. Incumbents must maintain certification as a New York State Peace Officer as a condition of continued employment.
3. Required degrees must have been granted by an accredited college or university or one recognized by Roswell Park Cancer Institute as following acceptable educational practices.
Applicants must reference the Posting # when applying for this position.
Interested applicants may apply by uploading a cover letter and resume below in Microsoft Word or PDF format.