Join Sabres Alumni for Prostate Cancer Education, Early Detection & Survivorship Event
Roswell Park and the Buffalo Sabres are teaming up again through the One Team, One Goal partnership to promote prostate cancer awareness and the importance of early detection. Join us for this free special event Tuesday, Nov. 14, from 3-7 p.m. at KeyBank Center, 1 Seymour H Knox III Plaza in downtown Buffalo. You'll meet Sabres alumni, get a behind-the-scenes tour, enjoy refreshments and more.
Educational Survivorship Panel
From 3-4 p.m., prostate cancer patients and survivors are invited to an educational panel and Q&A session focused on the latest treatment advances and survivorship support. Click here to register for this session. Speakers and topics include:
- Prostate Treatment Advances and the Latest Options for Advanced Prostate Cancer, with Gurkamal Chatta, MD, Clinical Chief, Genitourinary Medicine
- Mental and Emotional Coping: Living with Prostate Cancer, with Megan Pailler, PhD, Department of Psychosocial Oncology
- What's New in Survivorship Support at Roswell Park?, with Mary Reid, MSPH, PhD, Director of Cancer Screening and Survivorship
- Active Surveillance, with James Mohler, MD, Department of Urology
- Exercise to Control Incontinence, with Seiji Ohtake, Department of Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Support Before, During and After Treatment, with Rachel Simson, MS, RD, CDN, Department of Nutrition & Food Service
- The Multidisciplinary Approach and the Role of Radiation Medicine, with Michael Kuettel, MD, PhD, MBA, Chair, Department of Radiation Medicine
Can't attend but are interested in these topics? Sign up to receive a link to our Facebook Live stream and a post-event video.
Early Detection Event
From 4-7 p.m., eligible men — those 50 and over, or those who are at least 40 and have never had a baseline PSA or who are at higher risk because of their race and/or family history of prostate cancer — will also have the opportunity to be tested for prostate cancer by Roswell Park physicians. Register here.