Providing a Personal Touch
May marks a special time at Roswell Park as we formally honor our outstanding nursing staff during Oncology Nurses Month. Whether they’re providing direct care to patients, administering medication, or assisting with procedures, our oncology nurses truly go above and beyond when it comes to providing cancer care.
Patients at RPCI receive treatment from a variety of people and their oncology nurse always provides a personal touch. They are with our patients every step of the way through their cancer journey. Each of our nurses share the same attitude — we consider it a privilege to treat our special patients.
Earlier in May, we also celebrated National Nurses Week and asked our Facebook friends to thank an RPCI nurse. The following are just a few examples of the comments we received:
- To ALL of the nurses on 6N Pediatric Unit, both inpatient and clinic. Thank you for everything you do.
- Thank you to all the nurses I've had the pleasure to deal with in a difficult time.
- To Anna on 6 West- Happy Nurses Day, Anna! Thank you so much for EVERYTHING you've done for my mom.
- All the nurses in 6 North were so amazing to me and my family. Thank you for taking such good care of me. August 29th will be my 9th year in remission thanks to all the nurses and doctors at Roswell.
- To all the wonderful Nurses on 7 North for all that you do, not just for me but for all that you see daily.
- To my nurses Pat and Lisa, Happy Nurses Day you all deserve it. Thank you all who took care of me. God bless you all.
- All my love and thanks to ALL the nurses in the leukemia clinic, ALL the nurses in chemo and infusion, ALL the nurses on 5 West. Don't know what I would do if I didn't have you. You are ALL my angels.
- Thank you from the bottom of my heart to the nurses on 5 West!!
- Happy Nurses Week to all of the nurses at Dr. Underwood's Roswell Park/Niagara location. You do a great job!!
- ALL the chemo nurses at the Amherst campus are truly amazing & compassionate and so darn funny.... LOVE them all!!
If a nurse has touched your life in a special way, please share with us and leave a note for him or her on our Facebook page. Additionally, you may nominate a nurse for the DAISY Award. I also encourage you to read a touching essay, written by one of our nurses, which recently appeared in The Buffalo News.
I sincerely hope each of the extraordinary nurses at RPCI know how proud I am of them each day of the year — not just during the month of May.