Our world-class center
Roswell Park is named a Best Hospital by U.S. News & World Report.
- We are designated by the National Pancreas Foundation as an NPF Center which recognizes Roswell Park as a premier facility for our multidisciplinary treatment of pancreas cancer that treats the whole person, focusing on the best possible outcomes and improving quality of life.
- Our Liver & Pancreas Tumor Center brings together experts and resources from different medical specialties dedicated to treating patients with these complex diagnoses.
- Pancreas Cancer Screening program for people at highest risk for developing pancreatic cancer due to family history, genetic syndromes and other disorders.
Our nationally recognized experts
Our accomplished physicians are leaders in the field and hold leadership roles in the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN). Roswell Park physicians not only follow the evidence-based NCCN treatment guidelines used around the world; they write them.
- Roswell Park’s medical oncologist Christos Fountzilas, MD, FACP and gastroenterologist Andrew Bain, MD, Chief of Endoscopy serve on the NCCN panels that establish the best practices for the treatment pancreatic cancer.
- Our high-volume surgical experience. The NCCN advises undergoing pancreas surgery at hospitals that perform more than 15 operations a year. Roswell Park’s specialized, hepatopancreaticobiliary surgeons perform about 100 pancreas procedures annually.
Our cutting-edge therapies
We offer treatments at the forefront of cancer care, plus clinicians with the knowledge and experience to use them. Our patients with pancreatic cancer may opt for a treatment plan that includes:
- Enrolling in clinical trials to access the very latest drugs, immunotherapies and targeted agents — oftentimes years before they become available from other providers.
- Advanced endoscopic procedures for diagnosis — and treatment — at our state-of-the-art Endoscopy Center with onsite pathology to provide immediate, mid-procedure review.
Our quality, comprehensive care
We provide multidisciplinary cancer care that integrates the expertise from several specialists, including surgical, medical and radiation oncologists, oncology-focused gastroenterologists, endocrinologists, dietitians, physical therapists and more. Our comprehensive care includes:
- Nutrition team to help patients overcome dietary challenges resulting from pancreas cancer treatment and maximize the ability to meet vital nutrient needs, improve health and promote recovery and healing.
- Supportive care that focuses on you, not just your cancer. Our services include counseling, spiritual care, smoking cessation, pain management, patient retreats and support groups, massage, biofield therapies, and art, music and pet therapy programs.