Roswell Park will offer virtual mindfulness and self-care courses every Wednesday beginning on April 20, and continuing through May 25. These spring courses will offer two sessions:
- Daytime Session 3 — 11:00 A.M.-12:30 P.M.
- Evening Session 4 — 6:00-7:30 P.M.
Led by Dr. Rashmi Bismark, participants who enroll in the Caring with Awareness course will learn a variety of evidence-based mindfulness practices such as:
- Centering and breath awareness
- Mindfulness of the body
- Mindful eating
- Mindful walking and gentle yoga postures/movement
- Awareness of sounds and hearing
- Mindfulness of thoughts and emotions
- Mindful self-compassion
Each 90-minute session includes instruction, practice and group sharing. Beginners and experienced practitioners are welcomed alike. Classes will build upon each other, and attendance is encouraged for enriching group discussions. Assignments each week offer opportunity to learn more about mindfulness, to practice the technique, reflect and journal.