Roswell Park's Clinical Nutrition Department is launching a 12-week Survivorship Healthy Lifestyle Program to guide and inspire cancer survivors who want to manage their weight and adopt a healthier lifestyle.
Class size is limited, please register by calling 716-845-1300, ext. 4298.
Classes will cover the following topics:
- Setting goals
- Nourishing your body with plant-based foods
- Right-size portions
- Hydration Meal planning and cooking techniques
- Grocery shopping and interpreting food labels
- Budget-friendly and time-saving recipes
- Snacking, eating on the go and eating out
- Healthy eating while traveling
- Red flags on fad diets
- Nutritional supplements
- Mindful eating
- How to reach and maintain a healthy weight (and what happens when you hit a plateau)