I am the Chief Medical Officer at Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center. My primary interest is the diagnosis and treatment of tumors of the liver, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts, and stomach. Another major area of interest and experience is the treatment of neuroendocrine tumors, both carcinoid and pancreatic islet cell. I also have expertise in minimally invasive (laparoscopic) surgery to remove tumors of the liver and pancreas. This includes 15 years of experience in performing radiofrequency ablation (RFA) of liver tumors.
My research interests focus on surgical outcomes in liver and pancreas surgery, neuroendocrine tumors, and surgical simulation. I am currently a member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) Pancreas Cancer Committee; this group continually updates treatment guidelines that help physicians manage patients with pancreatic cancer.
I am a member of American College of Physician Executives, Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons, American College of Surgeons, American Society of Clinical Oncology, American Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association and Society of Surgical Oncology. I serve as a peer-reviewer for Annals of Surgical Oncology, the Journal of Surgical Oncology, and World Journal of Surgery. I have authored or co-authored more than 120 journal articles, abstracts, books, and book chapters, and have given numerous presentations around the country concerning gastrointestinal cancers.
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Chief Medical Officer
- Professor of Oncology
- Division of Gastrointestinal/Endocrine Surgery, Department of Surgical Oncology
Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo
- Associate Professor of Surgery
Education and Training:
- MD - University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD
- MBA - Yale University, New Haven, CT
- University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- American Board of Surgery
- Buffalo Surgical Society
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- American Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
- National Cancer Institute
- Society of Surgical Oncology
- Society of Surgery of the Alimentary
- BioMed Central