Dr. Grand'Maison is a Buffalo Spree Top Doctor! See all of our physicians who made this year's list.
Top Doctors 2021
Specializing In:Sarcoma Medical Oncology, Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcomas Hematology, Thrombosis and Haemostasis
Special Interests:Epidemiology of sarcoma including genetic and environmental factors Translational research in sarcoma Immunotherapy clinical trials in sarcoma Sarcoma and the microbiome
About Anne Grand'Maison
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Assistant Professor of Oncology
- Director Sarcoma Medical Oncology Program
- Department of Medicine
Education and Training:
- 1988 - MD - Sherbrooke University, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
- 2012-2014 - Medical Oncology residency program, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
- 1996-1998 - Hematology residency program, Laval University, Quebec, QC, Canada
- 1993-1996 - Internal Medicine residency program at the University of Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
- 2014-2015 - sarcoma fellowship, MD Anderson Cancer Center (MDACC), Houston, TX
- Juravinski Cancer Center, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Hematology, American Board of Hematology, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians of Canada (FRCPC) Internal Medicine and Hematology
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
- Canadian Medical Association (CMA)
- American Society of Hematology (ASH)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Connective Tissue Oncology Society (CTOS)
- 2015 - Clinic and Research Fellow, Sarcoma Medical Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
- 2014 - Hematologist/Medical Oncologist, Locum staff, Southlake Regional Health Centre, Houston, Texas
- 2011 - Hematologist, Clinical Associate, Mount Sinai Hospital, The University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario
Honors & Awards:
- 1998 - Amgen Educational Conferences in Hematology and Oncology (E.C.H.O.) award
- 1998 - Best clinical research project (PECAM-1/CD-31 and GPIIb/IIIa Polymorphisms and their Roles in Acute Coronary Thrombosis), Affiliated Hospital, Laval University, Québec
- 1996 - Health University Centre Award, Estrie Region Best clinical research project (Family Study on Thrombophilia), Sherbrooke University, Sherbrooke
Featured on Cancer Talk
- Kristen M. Humphrey, Sumali Pandey, Jeffery Martin, Tamara Hagoel, Anne Grand’Maison3, Joyce E. Ohm. Epigenetic remodeling as a mediator of environmental toxicant exposure and malignant transformation. Book chapter submitted Seminars in Cancer Biology 07/2018
- Grace K. Dy, MD, Mary K. Nesline, MS, Antonios Papanicolau-Sengos, MD, Paul DePietro, PhD, Charles M. LeVea, MD, Amy Early, MD, Hongbin Chen, MD, Anne Grand’Maison, MD et al. Treatment recommendations to cancer patients in the context of FDA guidance for next generation sequencing Next generation sequencing FDA guidance for treatment recommendations NGS FDA guidance for treatment recommendations. Paper submitted to BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making 10/08/2018.
- Anne Grand’Maison, Killian Salerno, John Kane. Vascular Tumors. SSO Complex General Surgical Oncology, 2017.
- Anne Grand’Maison. Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia. Invited Author. Canadian Medical Association Journal, Issue April 14th 2009.
- Anne Grand'Maison, Andre F. Charest, William H. Geerts. Anticoagulant Use in Patients with Chronic Renal Impairment. American Journal of Cardiovascular Drugs, 2005;5 (5):291-305.
- Anne Grand’Maison, Shannon M Bates, Marilyn Johnston, Simon McRae, Jeffrey S Ginsberg. "ProC® Global": A Functional Screening Test that Predicts Recurrent Venous Thromboembolism. Thrombosis and Haemostasis 2005;93:600-604.