Assistant Professor of Oncology
Director Sarcoma Medical Oncology Program
Department of Medicine
Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
Areas of Expertise:
Sarcoma Medical Oncology, Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcomas
Hematology, Thrombosis and Haemostasis
Epidemiology of sarcoma including genetic and environmental factors
Translational research in sarcoma
Immunotherapy clinical trials in sarcoma
Sarcoma and the microbiome
Education and Training:
1988 - MD - Sherbrooke University, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
2012-2014 - Medical Oncology residency program, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
1996-1998 - Hematology residency program, Laval University, Quebec, QC, Canada
1993-1996 - Internal Medicine residency program at the University of Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, QC, Canada
2014-2015 - sarcoma fellowship, MD Anderson Cancer Center (MDACC), Houston, TX
Juravinski Cancer Center, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Hematology, American Board of Hematology, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Fellow Royal College of Physicians of Canada (FRCPC) Internal Medicine and Hematology
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC)
College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO)
Canadian Medical Association (CMA)
American Society of Hematology (ASH)
American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
Connective Tissue Oncology Society (CTOS)
Honors and Awards:
1998 - Amgen Educational Conferences in Hematology and Oncology (E.C.H.O.) award
1998 - Best clinical research project (PECAM-1/CD-31 and GPIIb/IIIa Polymorphisms and their Roles in Acute Coronary Thrombosis), Affiliated Hospital, Laval University, Québec
1996 - Health University Centre Award, Estrie Region Best clinical research project (Family Study on Thrombophilia), Sherbrooke University, Sherbrooke
2015 - Clinic and Research Fellow, Sarcoma Medical Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
2014 - Hematologist/Medical Oncologist, Locum staff, Southlake Regional Health Centre, Houston, Texas
2011 - Hematologist, Clinical Associate, Mount Sinai Hospital, The University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario
- Kristen M. Humphrey, Sumali Pandey, Jeffery Martin, Tamara Hagoel, Anne Grand’Maison3, Joyce E. Ohm. Epigenetic remodeling as a mediator of environmental toxicant exposure and malignant transformation. Book chapter submitted Seminars in Cancer Biology 07/2018
- Grace K. Dy, MD, Mary K. Nesline, MS, Antonios Papanicolau-Sengos, MD, Paul DePietro, PhD, Charles M. LeVea, MD, Amy Early, MD, Hongbin Chen, MD, Anne Grand’Maison, MD et al. Treatment recommendations to cancer patients in the context of FDA guidance for next generation sequencing Next generation sequencing FDA guidance for treatment recommendations NGS FDA guidance for treatment recommendations. Paper submitted to BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making 10/08/2018.
- Anne Grand’Maison, Killian Salerno, John Kane. Vascular Tumors. SSO Complex General Surgical Oncology, 2017.
- Anne Grand’Maison. Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia. Invited Author. Canadian Medical Association Journal, Issue April 14th 2009.
- Anne Grand'Maison, Andre F. Charest, William H. Geerts. Anticoagulant Use in Patients with Chronic Renal Impairment. American Journal of Cardiovascular Drugs, 2005;5 (5):291-305.
- Anne Grand’Maison, Shannon M Bates, Marilyn Johnston, Simon McRae, Jeffrey S Ginsberg. "ProC® Global": A Functional Screening Test that Predicts Recurrent Venous Thromboembolism. Thrombosis and Haemostasis 2005;93:600-604.