Amy Early, MD, FACP
Amy Early, MD, FACP
Associate Professor of Oncology
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Clinical Professor of Medicine
Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo
Areas of Expertise:
General medical oncology
Education and Training:
1976 - MD - Hahnemann Medical College (Drexel University School of Medicine), Philadelphia, PA
1978 - Internal Medicine - University at Buffalo Graduate Medical and Dental Consortium, Buffalo, NY
1998 - Master Clinical Teaching Fellowship - University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Buffalo, NY
1980 - Medical Oncology - Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY
1981 - Certification in Medical Oncology
1979 - American Board of Internal Medicine, Certification in Internal Medicine
1977 - National Board of Medical Examiners
American College of Physicians
American Society of Breast Disease
American Society of Clinical Oncology
Medical Society of the County of Erie & State of New York
Honors and Awards:
1985 - Fellow, American College of Physicians
2014-Present - Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY
1983-2014 - Buffalo Medical Group, PC, Buffalo, NY
1980-1983 - Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY
- Early AP and the Consensus Committee of the American Society of Breast Disease: Commentary on Surveillance Imaging of the Reconstructed Breast. ASBD Advisor. Vol. 1. Winter/Spring 2013.
- Pruthi S, Simon J, Early AP. A Current Overview of the Management of Urogenital Atrophy in Women with Breast Cancer. The Breast Journal 17(4):403-408, 2011.
- Early AP and the Consensus Committee of the American Society of Breast Disease: Consensus Statement on the use of Aromatase Inhibitors in Perimenopausal Women with Breast Cancer. ASBD Advisor. Vol. 1. Winter/Spring 2011.
- Early AP and the Consensus Committee of the American Society of Breast Disease: The Use of Adjuvant Trastuzumab in Women with HER2-Positive, Operable Breast Cancer. Available at: www.asbd.org. Released November 10, 2006.
- Early AP, et al. for the Subcommittee on Screening of High Risk Women: Policy Statement on the use of Magnetic Resonance Imaging to Screen Women at High Risk of Breast Cancer. Available at: www.asbd.org. and www.guideline.gov. Released June 28, 2004.
Dr. Early has given presentations at national and regional symposia including:
- Early AP: Management of the Axilla while Minimizing Morbidity-The Roles of Surgery, Radiation, Systemic Therapy & Observation. National Consortium of Breast Centers Annual Interdisciplinary Breast Center Conference, Las Vegas, NV, March 14, 2015.
- Early AP: Plenary Session. The Obesity Epidemic: Impact on Breast Cancer and Survivorship. National Consortium of Breast Centers Annual Interdisciplinary Breast Center Conference, Las Vegas, NV, March 14, 2015.
- Early AP: AP107 The Impact of Pathology Practice on Outcome of Patients with Ductal Carcinoma In Situ (DCIS). College of American Pathology Annual Meeting 2013, Orlando, FL, October 13, 2013.
- Early AP: How to Integrate Axillary Surgical Staging Data into Decision Making for Medical Oncologists. American Society of Breast Disease 36th Annual Symposium, Dallas, TX, April 13, 2012.