Associate Professor of Oncology
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Clinical Professor of Medicine
Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo
Areas of Expertise:
General medical oncology
Education and Training:
1976 - MD - Hahnemann Medical College (Drexel University School of Medicine), Philadelphia, PA
1978 - Internal Medicine - University at Buffalo Graduate Medical and Dental Consortium, Buffalo, NY
1998 - Master Clinical Teaching Fellowship - University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Buffalo, NY
1980 - Medical Oncology - Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY
1981 - Certification in Medical Oncology
1979 - American Board of Internal Medicine, Certification in Internal Medicine
1977 - National Board of Medical Examiners
American College of Physicians
American Society of Breast Disease
American Society of Clinical Oncology
Medical Society of the County of Erie & State of New York
Honors and Awards:
1985 - Fellow, American College of Physicians
2014-Present - Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY
1983-2014 - Buffalo Medical Group, PC, Buffalo, NY
1980-1983 - Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY
- Early AP and the Consensus Committee of the American Society of Breast Disease: Commentary on Surveillance Imaging of the Reconstructed Breast. ASBD Advisor. Vol. 1. Winter/Spring 2013.
- Pruthi S, Simon J, Early AP. A Current Overview of the Management of Urogenital Atrophy in Women with Breast Cancer. The Breast Journal 17(4):403-408, 2011.
- Early AP and the Consensus Committee of the American Society of Breast Disease: Consensus Statement on the use of Aromatase Inhibitors in Perimenopausal Women with Breast Cancer. ASBD Advisor. Vol. 1. Winter/Spring 2011.
- Early AP and the Consensus Committee of the American Society of Breast Disease: The Use of Adjuvant Trastuzumab in Women with HER2-Positive, Operable Breast Cancer. Available at: www.asbd.org. Released November 10, 2006.
- Early AP, et al. for the Subcommittee on Screening of High Risk Women: Policy Statement on the use of Magnetic Resonance Imaging to Screen Women at High Risk of Breast Cancer. Available at: www.asbd.org. and www.guideline.gov. Released June 28, 2004.
Dr. Early has given presentations at national and regional symposia including:
- Early AP: Management of the Axilla while Minimizing Morbidity-The Roles of Surgery, Radiation, Systemic Therapy & Observation. National Consortium of Breast Centers Annual Interdisciplinary Breast Center Conference, Las Vegas, NV, March 14, 2015.
- Early AP: Plenary Session. The Obesity Epidemic: Impact on Breast Cancer and Survivorship. National Consortium of Breast Centers Annual Interdisciplinary Breast Center Conference, Las Vegas, NV, March 14, 2015.
- Early AP: AP107 The Impact of Pathology Practice on Outcome of Patients with Ductal Carcinoma In Situ (DCIS). College of American Pathology Annual Meeting 2013, Orlando, FL, October 13, 2013.
- Early AP: How to Integrate Axillary Surgical Staging Data into Decision Making for Medical Oncologists. American Society of Breast Disease 36th Annual Symposium, Dallas, TX, April 13, 2012.