Amanpal Singh, MD
Amanpal Singh, MD
Assistant Professor of Oncology
Division of Gastroenterology/Endoscopy
Department of Medicine
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Clinical Assistant Professor
Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo
Patient-centered outcomes in endoscopy
Colon cancer prevention
Education and Training:
2005-2006 - MS - Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA
1999-2004 - Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
2006-2009 - Internal Medicine Residency, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
2012-2013 - Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy Fellowship, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
2009-2012 - Gastroenterology and Hepatology Fellowship, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
2008 - American Board of Internal Medicine
2010-Present - Member, Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA)
2010-Present - Member, Texas Society of Gastroenterology and Endoscopy (TSGE)
2009-Present - Member, American College of Gastroenterology (ACG)
2009-Present - Member, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
2006-Present - Member, American Gastroenterological Association (AGA)
- Lee JH, Krishna SG, Singh A, Ladha HS, Slack RS, Ramireddy S, Raju GS, Davila M, Ross WA. Comparison of the utility of covered metal stents versus uncovered metal stents in the management of malignant biliary strictures in 749 patients. Gastrointest Endosc. 2013 Apr 13.
- Singh A, Lee JH. Self-expanding metal stents for preoperative biliary drainage in patients receiving neoadjuvant therapy for pancreatic cancer. Journ of Gastrointest Oncology 3(4):304-5, 12/2012.
- Singh A, Kuo YF, Goodwin JS. Many Patients Who Undergo Surgery for Colorectal Cancer Receive Surveillance Colonoscopies Earlier Than Recommended by Guidelines. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013 Jan;11(1):65-7.
- Singh A, Kuo YF, Raju GS, Riall TS, Goodwin JS. Predictors of Colorectal Cancer Following a Negative Colonoscopy in the Medicare Population. Dig Dis Sci. 2011 Nov;56(11):3122-8.
- Goodwin JS, Singh A, Reddy N, Riall TS, Kuo YF. Overuse of screening colonoscopy in the Medicare population. Arch Intern Med. 2011 Aug 8;171(15):1335-43.