Abdul Hamid Alraiyes, MD
Abdul Hamid Alraiyes, MD
Assistant Professor of Oncology
Interventional Pulmonology (fellowship-trained)
Department of Medicine, Thoracic Oncology
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Department of Medicine
Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo
Areas of Expertise:
Flexible/rigid bronchoscopy: biopsies, electrocautery, laser, brachytherapy, cryotherapy, balloon bronchoplasty, and stent placement
Ultrasound guided thoracentesis chest tube & PleurX catheter placement
Endotracheal intubations (Direct/video assessed/awake fibro-optic)
Education and Training:
1999 – MD – University of Aleppo School of Medicine, Syria
2009 – Internal Medicine – Case Western Reserve University/St. Vincent Medical Center, Cleveland, OH
2006 – Anesthesiology – Prince Sultan Military Medical City, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
2014 – Interventional Pulmonology – Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
2013 – Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine – Tulane University, New Orleans, LA
2010 – Sleep Medicine – Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
2013 – Diplomat, American Board of Critical Care Medicine
2012 – Diplomat, American Board of Pulmonary Medicine
2011 – Diplomat, American Board of Sleep Medicine
2009 – Diplomat, American Board of Internal Medicine
2011 - American Association for Bronchology and Interventional Pulmonology
2009 - American Academy of Sleep Medicine
2008 - American College of Chest Physicians
2007 - Society of Critical Care Medicine
2007 - American Thoracic Society
Honors and Awards:
2014 - WCBIP First Place poster award recipient; Recurrent bronchogenic cyst after surgical resection. 18th WCB & WCBE 2014 Congress, Kyoto, Japan
2013 - American Thoracic Society Abstract Scholarship Award Recipient; Impact of a 24 Hour Post-Intensive Care Unit Transition-Of-Care Model on Patient Outcomes. American Thoracic Society 2012, Philadelphia, PA
2009 - The Adel Askari Memorial Award for high level of ethical, compassionate and humane standards of patient care during internal medicine training; CWRU/St. Vincent Charity Hospital, Cleveland, OH
2008 - Best Graduation Research Award; CWRU/St. Vincent Charity Hospital, Cleveland, OH
2007 - Intern of the Year Award; CWRU/St. Vincent Charity Hospital, Cleveland, OH
- Intussusception technique of intrabronchial silicone stents: description of technique and a case report. Alraiyes AH, Machuzak MS, Gildea TR., J Bronchology Interv Pulmonol. 2013 Oct;20(4):342-4.
- Endobronchial ultrasound in a patient with right aortic arch.Alraiyes AH, Alokla K, Kheir F, Palomino J. Ochsner J. 2014 ;14(2):279-81.
- Radiation-associated airway necrosis. Alraiyes AH, Alraies MC, Abbas A. Ochsner J. 2013 ;13(2):273-5.
- Alcoholic leukopenic pneumococcal sepsis. Alraiyes AH, Shaheen K, Alraies MC. Avicenna J Med. 2013 Apr;3(2):53-5
- A 40-year-old woman with multiple lung nodules. Alraiyes AH, Kheir F, Hirsh S, Salerno D, Bernal-Green L, Daroca P. Chest. 2013 Jun;143(6):1826-9.
- Flashing lights, floaters, and reduced vision. Alraiyes AH , Alraies MC, Almeida FA, Singh AD. Cleve Clin J Med. 2012 Sep;79(9):616-8
- Bronchoesophageal fistula secondary to broncholith. Alraiyes AH, Desai R, Auron M, Castillo MD, Alraies MC. QJM. 2013 Oct;106(10):959-60.