Wesley Hicks Jr., MD, FACS
Areas of Expertise:
Head & neck cancers
Mechanisms involved in wound repair
Bioengineered devices for enhanced wound repair
Cellular microenvironment and tissue remodeling
Education and Training:
BA - Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
DDS - Meharry Medical College, Nashville, TN
MD - School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo
Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital
New York Hospital - Cornell Medical Center
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
Otolaryngology, American Board of Otolaryngology
National Board of Dental Examiners
National Board of Medical Examiners
Stanford University Medical Center, Palo Alto, CA
- Determining the protein drug release characteristics and cell adhesion to a PLLA or PLGA biodegradable polymer membrane. Journal of biomedical materials research. Part A 2010; 94A(1):27-37 .
- Oropharyngeal cancer: current understanding and management. Current opinion in otolaryngology and head and neck surgery 2009; 17(2):88-94 .
- Osteoclastlike giant cell tumor of the salivary gland. Annals of diagnostic pathology 2009; 13(2):114-118 .
- Radiation treatment interruptions greater than one week and low hemoglobin levels (12 g/dL) are predictors of local regional failure after definitive concurrent chemotherapy and intensity-modulated radiation therapy for squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. American journal of clinical oncology 2009; 32(6):587-591 .
- Phase separation at the surface of poly(ethylene oxide)-containing biodegradable poly(L-lactic acid) blends. Langmuir 2009; 25(19):11467-11471 .
- Head and neck cancers. Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network : JNCCN 2011; 9(6):596-650 .
- Surface-phase separation of PEO-containing biodegradable PLLA blends and block copolymers. Applied surface science 2008; 255(5 Part 1):2360-2364 .
- The introducer technique is the optimal method for placing percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tubes in head and neck cancer patients. Surgical endoscopy 2007; 21(6):897-901 .
- Comparative genomic instabilities of thyroid and colon cancers. Archives of otolaryngology--head and neck surgery 2007; 133(5):457-463 .
- Previous head and neck cancers portend poor prognoses in lung cancer patients. Annals of thoracic surgery 2011; 92(3):1056-1061 .
- Outcomes of Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy Tube Placement using the Brown-Muller T-fastener Technique in Head, Neck and Esophageal Cancer patients. American journal of gastroenterology 2009; 104(Suppl. 3):Abstract #1351 .
- Radiation treatment interruptions greater than 1 week and low hemoglobin levels (12 gm/dl)) triple local regional failure following definitive concurrent chemotherapy and IMRT for squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. International journal of radiation oncology, biology, physics 2008; 72(1 Suppl.):S407 .
- Pretreatment nutritional status and locoregional failure of patients with head and neck cancer undergoing definitive concurrent chemoradiation therapy. Head and neck 2011; 33(11):1561-1568 .
- Impact of Percentage of Pre-Treatment Ideal Body Weight On Outcomes of Head and Neck Cancer Patients Receiving Definitive Concurrent Chemoradiation Therapy. International journal of radiation oncology, biology, physics 2011; 81(2 Suppl.):S547 .
- Quantification of the Effect of Treatment Duration on Local Regional Failure after Definitive Concurrent Chemotherapy and Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) for Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Head and Neck (SCCHN). International journal of radiation oncology, biology, physics 2011; 81(2 Suppl.):S542-S543 .
- Mucosal melanoma of the head and neck. Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network : JNCCN 2012; 10(3):320-338 .
- Feature-based design of bio-degradable micro-patterned structures. Computer-aided design and applications 2009; 6(5):661-671 .
- Palatal reconstruction. Current opinion in otolaryngology and head and neck surgery 2012; 20(4):225-230 .