Saby George, MD, FACP
Areas of Expertise:
Kidney cancer: My interests include clinical trials, novel drug development, mechanism of resistance formation to tyrosine kinase inhibitors, improving the response evaluation criteria and development of biomarkers.
Prostate cancer: Castrate refractory prostate cancer, high Gleason score disease, improving androgen deprivation therapy and biomarker development.
Education and Training:
Kottayam Medical College, Kerala, India
Wright State University, Dayton, OH
Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Medical Oncology, American Board of Internal Medicine
Experimental therapeutics-Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute, Cleveland, OH
Medical Oncology-University of Texas Health Sciences Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
- RANK ligand: Effects of inhibition. Current oncology reports 2010; 12(2):80-86 .
- Stable disease in renal cell carcinoma after using signal transduction inhibitors. Reviews on recent clinical trials 2010; 5(2):117-122 .
- Role of immunotherapy for renal cell cancer in 2011. Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network : JNCCN 2011; 9(9):1011-1018 .
- The lipid metabolome of clear cell renal cell carcinoma (CCRCC). Journal of clinical oncology 2012; 30(15 Suppl.):Abstract #10609 .
- Evaluation of parameters for treatment duration of sunitinib in metastatic renal cell carcinoma. Journal of clinical oncology 2012; 30(15 Suppl.):Abstract #e15042 .
- Phase I/II study of high-dose interleukin 2, aldesleukin, in combination with the histone deacetylase inhibitor entinostat in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma. Journal of clinical oncology 2012; 30(15 Suppl.):Abstract #TPS4687 .
- Soft tissue sarcoma, version 2.2012: featured updates to the NCCN guidelines. Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network : JNCCN 2012; 10(8):951-960 .