To understand, prevent and cure cancer.
To position Roswell Park among the top 10 of the Nation's leading cancer centers.
Core values reflect what is most true and important to us as an organization. These are values that have shaped us and will continue to – they do not change given circumstances or time but rather are consistent throughout our mission areas. Roswell Park is a special place to work and the staff and faculty who live these values have made it so. These values will guide and power our personal and collective actions and enable future successes on behalf of individuals and the world.
- Innovation: We are driven to provide care that cures and comforts, research that informs the world, and education that enlightens and enables future generations. We proudly stand on our rich history and use it as a platform from which to embrace discovery and change.
- Integrity: We are committed to making each decision, whether related to patient care, research, education or administration, based on standards that are thoughtful, informed, honest, transparent when appropriate and always respectful of privacy.
- Teamwork: We value and encourage the viewpoints and constructive opinions of all people and disciplines and recognize that all contributions strengthen the results we achieve, the value we provide, the actions we take and the team we strive to be.
- Commitment: We are devoted to achieving extraordinary progress on behalf of those we serve; patients and families who come to us during times of great need, scientists and clinicians who wish to collaborate, students seeking education, the science of cancer that awaits our contributions, and the community that deserves strong stewardship and economic leadership.
- Compassion and Respect: We are enriched by the diverse cultures, needs, and expectations of our coworkers and of the communities we serve. It is our privilege and responsibility to appreciate these differences as we establish research goals, develop care plans, and interact with one another.