What is Cause Marketing?
In simple terms, Cause Marketing is a partnership between a company and a non-profit organization. It can be a partnership where customers donate their extra change at the register. It can be a promotion based on sales so that a percentage of a specific item sold is donated to Roswell. Or, it can be promotional inventory (e.g., ads, tray liners, coffee cup sleeves, etc.) that a sponsor devotes to an organization to promote the cause’s mission or a specific campaign.
Not only is a cause marketing promotion a fundraiser for Roswell Park, it is also a marketing tool for your company that provides:
- Increased customer loyalty and sales potential
- Community activism and awareness
- A strong personal connection with your customers
- Team building and enhanced morale for your employees
- Raised awareness of your brand and access to new audiences
Cause marketing promotions with Roswell Park can be:
- Pin-Up Campaigns: Sell pin-ups to customers recognizing their loved ones and the need for a cure, with the dollars raised being donated.
- Percentage of Sales: Donate a percentage of your product sales or services.
- Round-Up at the Register for Roswell: An “add-on” campaign, where customers round-up their total purchase and incremental dollars spent are donated.
- Matching Gifts: Provide a matching gift incentive to customers who complete an action, such as sending a text message, participating in a Facebook fan promotion, or turning in part of a product/package. A percentage of sales or a specific dollar amount is then donated.
- Sweepstakes/Scratch-Offs Promotion: Give customers a chance to win great prizes through the sale of a special card with proceeds donated.
If you are ready to take the next step towards building a cause marketing partnership with Roswell Park Cancer Institute, sign up here: Partners for a Cure 2012 Proposal Form
Or contact us and we would be happy to discuss how we can cretae a program tailored to your needs.
Director, Special Events & Corporate Partnerships
Senior Corporate Projects Coordinator