Title A Pilot Pre-Cystectomy Trial of Broccoli Extract in Patients with Locally Advanced Bladder Cancer
Principal Investigator Roberto Pili, MD
Study Number 129408
Summary This clinical trial was designed to determine if patients will take assigned study product as directed for a period of six days prior to their surgery. The direct effect of broccoli extract on bladder cancers will also be assessed. Previous clinical trials using this same extract did not show any significant side effects.
- Histologically-Proven Transitional cell carcinoma of the bladder OR Superfical Transitional cell carcinoma refractory to BCG therapy for which a cystectomy was recommended.
- No chemotherapy, surgery or radiotherapy in the prior 4 weeks
- ECOG status 0-2
- Adequate hematologic, kidney, liver and coagulation functions
- No previous treatment/ingestion with broccoli extracts
- Patients with a history of hepatitis and active, uncontrolled thyroid disease are excluded