After Surgery on 2 West
When you come back to 2 West after your procedure, you may have only one family member or friend at a time in your room. Please note: children are not permitted on 2 West.
- We will continue to monitor you. You will be given something to eat and drink and will be assisted to the bathroom before you are discharged, if needed.
- The length of your stay on 2 West will depend on your procedure.
- Your doctor will discharge you. (Remember, you must have a responsible driver to bring you home.)
- Your discharge and follow-up instructions will be reviewed with you, and you will have the opportunity to ask questions. (A copy of the discharge instructions will be given to you.)
After Surgery on 3 West
- Following the procedure, you will be taken to the Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) or to 3 West.
- Only two family members or friends may visit with you while you are in 3 West. No family members are permitted in the PACU.
- Some people do not require a bed, and receive care before and after their test or procedure in a recliner.
- Your condition will be monitored until you are stable for discharge. The recovery time varies for each person.
- You will be discharged by your physician into the care of a responsible adult. Discharge and follow-up instructions will be reviewed with you. Make sure you or someone who is with you, understands all the instructions and asks questions. Be sure to take a copy of your discharge instructions home with you.