A cancer diagnosis can have short and long-term implications. The information contained in the Living With Cancer section will help prepare you to overcome immediate challenges and those you may face in the future. On these pages, everyone — patients, caregivers, family, and friends — will find practical information and helpful tips to:
- make the most of each day
- improve the quality of their lives
- become better prepared to make important medical decisions
- handle changes that a cancer diagnosis may cause in their family, lifestyle, work, and finances
- take them through recovery and survivorship
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Ralph Waldo Emerson