When you were given your arrival time, you were told whether to go directly to 3 West or to the Patient Access (registration) desk in the main lobby.
If you need to go to the Patient Access desk, the representative will:
- Check your Roswell Park Green Card.
- Review your personal information.
- Ask whether you have an Advance Directive, Living Will, or Health Care Proxy – or if you would like complete any of those documents.
- Give you a hospital ID bracelet.
- Direct you to 3 West when your check-in is complete.
When you Arrive at 3 West
- Check in at the reception desk.
- Give any valuables to your family/friends for safekeeping.
- A nurse will come to the waiting room and bring you to a room where you will prepare for surgery.
- If you have allergies or problems with anesthesia, tell your doctors.
- You will need to remove dentures and partial dentures. Put them in the storage box you brought with you and give them to your family/friend.
If you have questions about anesthesia or the medical preoperative process, please call the pre-operative clinic at (716) 845-1673. If you feel sick or have questions about your procedure or test, call your doctor or clinic.
If you need to reach 3 West, please call 716 845-8476 between 6:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday. On nights, weekends, and holidays, call the main switchboard at 716 845-2300 and ask for the physician on call for your center.