Paul Bogner, MD
Areas of Expertise:
Skin tumors and inflammatory disease
Histological and molecular diagnosis, classification and staging of lung tumors
Diagnosis and biology of melanocytic and epithelial skin tumors
Education and Training:
BS - Molecular Biology and Genetics, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
MD - School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo
University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI
Anatomic Pathology, American Board of Pathology
Clinical Pathology, American Board of Pathology
Dermatopathology, American Board of Pathology
Roswell Park Cancer Institute (Oncologic Surgical Pathology) Buffalo, NY
University of Michigan Health System (Dermatopathology) Ann Arbor, MI
- Altered eosinophil profile in mice with ST6Gal-1 deficiency: an additional role for ST6Gal-1 generated by the P1 promoter in regulating allergic inflammation. Journal of leukocyte biology 2010; 87(3):457-466 .
- Fatal diffuse alveolar hemorrhage associated with sirolimus after allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation. Bone marrow transplantation 2010; 45(8):1363-1364 .
- Lung cancer xenografting alters microRNA profile but not immunophenotype. Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2009; 386(2):305-310 .
- Apoptosis-related (survivin, Bcl-2), tumor suppressor gene (p53), proliferation (Ki-67), and non-receptor tyrosine kinase (Src) markers expression and correlation with clinicopathologic variables in 60 thymic neoplasms. Chest 2009; 136(1):220-228 .
- Photodynamic Therapy with Methyl-Aminolevulinate for the Treatment of Double Extramammary Paget's Disease. Dermatologic surgery 2011; 37(7):1043-1046 .
- Squamous cell carcinoma developing from an epidermoid cyst of the ear. Dermatologic surgery 2011; 37(5):700-703 .
- Up-regulation of peroxiredoxin 1 in lung cancer and its implication as a prognostic and therapeutic target. Clinical cancer research 2008; 14(8):2326-2333 .
- Total gastrectomy for gastric dysplasia in a patient with attenuated familial adenomatous polyposis syndrome. Journal of clinical oncology 2008; 26(21):3641-3642 .
- Malignant pleural mesothelioma after household exposure to asbestos. Journal of clinical oncology 2008; 26(33):5480-5483 .
- Elevated peroxiredoxin 1, but not NF-E2-related factor 2, is an independent prognostic factor for disease recurrence and reduced survival in stage I non-small cell lung cancer. Clinical cancer research 2007; 13(13):3875-3882 .
- Peroxiredoxin 1 interacts with androgen receptor and enhances its transactivation. Cancer research 2007; 67(19):9294-9303 .
- Nrf2 regulates chronic lung inflammation and B-cell responses to nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae. American journal of respiratory cell and molecular biology 2011; 45(3):557-565 .
- Reduced expression of the chaperone protein calnexin is associated with sentinel lymph node metastasis of oral carcinoma. Laboratory investigation 2007; 87(Suppl. 1):1011 .
- Downregulation of PDEF expression in lung carcinoma is associated with up regulation of survivin and malignant potential. Proceedings of the American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting 2007; 48:797 .
- Oligo- and polyclonal B cell response to lung carcinoma is common. Laboratory investigation 2007; 87(Suppl. 1):1486 .
- Small cell lung cancer. Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network : JNCCN 2011; 9(10):1086-1113 .
- Murine model of chronic respiratory inflammation. Advances in experimental medicine and biology 2011; 780 :125-141 .
- Phase II study of perioperative chemotherapy with cisplatin (C) and pemetrexed (P) in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) : ASCO Meeting Abstracts Part 1. Journal of clinical oncology 2012; 30(15 Suppl.):Abstract #e17535 .
- Outcomes of sarcomatoid carcinoma of the lung: A Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results database analysis. Surgery 2012; 152(3):397-402 .