Checking Patient Status
During normal business hours, family and friends may get updates by calling your room or the nurses’ station on the floor. They may also call the hospital Information Desk at 716-845-1523 and ask to be connected to your hospital room or nurses’ station.
After business hours, your family may call your nurses’ station directly or the switchboard operator at 716-845-2300.
Normal visiting hours are 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., seven days a week. We generally recommend only two visitors at a time and no children under the age of 12.
Patients on 5E, 5W, the Pediatric Unit (6N) and the Intensive Care Unit have additional criteria for visitors. Please check with staff on the unit for more information.
While waiting for a patient in surgery or during visiting hours, visitors may take advantage of these services available within Roswell Park Cancer Institute:
- Sunflower Café is located on the fist floor. Weekday hours are 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Weekend and holiday hours are 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; the same half-hour closing applies.
- Pastoral Care Center and Meditation Chapel is located on the 1st floor of the main hospital (on the bridge to the Carlton Building).
- Coffee Bar is located in the Lobby on the Ground Floor. Hours are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Hospitality Room offers comfortable seats, books, magazines, TV, and coffee and other refreshments. The Hospitality Room is located on the Ground Floor near the Radiation Department. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Community Cancer Resource Center (CCRC) located on the 1st Floor in the Sunflower Café has information specialists, literature, videos, Internet access, information about community support groups and a free wig boutique.
Roswell Park Cancer Institute has a visitor policy to protect our patients from infectious diseases that are easily transmitted from person to person (such as viral infections):
- All visitors with communicable infectious diseases should refrain from visiting patients. Please let friends and family members know about our policy if they wish to accompany patients during clinic visits or visit hospitalized patients.
- We ask that visitors do NOT come to Roswell Park Cancer Institute if they have an influenza-like illness, which means a fever greater then or equal to 100°F (37.8°C) with cough and/or sore throat within the last 7 days.
- Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to visit patients at Roswell Park.