Michael Zevon, PhD
Areas of Expertise:
Long-term effects of childhood and adult cancers
Quality of life in pediatric and adult cancer patients
Cancer survivorship, late effects, and quality of life
Emotional response to cancer treatment
Underlying stress and coping relationships in patients, caregivers, and families
Development and application of novel psychometric methods in the cancer population
Education and Training:
PhD - University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Distress management. Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network : JNCCN 2010; 8(4):448-485 .
- Impact of palliative care on maintaining quality of life in an end-stage oncology population. Annals of behavioral medicine 2010; 39(Suppl. 1):11 .
- Barriers to the survivorship transition in breast cancer patients: A structural analysis. Annals of behavioral medicine 2010; 39(Suppl. 1):163 .
- Adjustment in adolescent and young adult cancer patients: coping, self-image, emotional, and family dimensions. Pediatric blood and cancer 2010; 55(5):971 .
- Stress related quality of life domains in childhood cancer: a multidimensional analysis. Pediatric blood and cancer 2010; 55(5):837 .
- A comparison of oncology clinicians' preferences for structuring survivorship care. Journal of clinical oncology 2010; 28(15 Suppl.):e19545 .
- A multilevel analysis of long-term psychological distress among Belarusians affected by the Chernobyl disaster. Public health 2008; 122(11):1239-1249 .
- Medically related legal needs and quality of life in cancer care: a structural analysis. Cancer 2007; 109(12):2600-2606 .
- Psychological distress in long-term survivors of solid tumors diagnosed in childhood: a report from the childhood cancer survivor study. Pediatric blood and cancer 2007; 49(1):47-51 .
- Structuring survivorship care: discipline-specific clinician perspectives. Journal of cancer survivorship 2011; 5(3):217-225 .
- An institutional universal standardized tobacco use assessment and intervention in cancer patients : ASCO Meeting Abstracts Part 1. Journal of clinical oncology 2011; 29(15 Suppl.):e16543 .
- Adaptation theory and symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder in cancer pain patients. Oncology nursing forum 2007; 34(2):2446 .
- A multidimensional model of the competencies of the psychologist in psycho-oncology. Psycho-oncology 2007; 16(3 Suppl.):S85 .
- Patient safety and well-being protections in online cancer peer support forums. Psycho-oncology 2008; 17(3 Suppl.):S50 .
- Use of distress thermometers in an outpatient oncology setting. Health and social work 2011; 36(4):293-297 .
- Outcomes from an electronic medical record (EMR)-based standardized tobacco assessment and cessation program in a NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center. Journal of clinical oncology 2012; 30(15 Suppl.):Abstract #1529 .
- Psychosocial Factors and Overall Survival After Autologous and Allogeneic BMT. Biology of blood and marrow transplantation 2009; 15(2 Suppl. 2):147 .