Michael Schiff, MD, FACP
Areas of Expertise:
Colon cancer and polyps
Graft vs. host disease
Confocal laser endoscopy
Diagnosis and etiology of graft versus host disease
Education and Training:
MD - University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Mt. Sinai Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
St. Paul’s Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Internal Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Gastroenterology, American Board of Internal Medicine
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX
- Clinical outcomes of using a conservative approach of late esophageal stent placement in palliation of malignant dysphagia. Journal of gastrointestinal cancer 2010; 41(3):173-178 .
- Capecitabine, oxaliplatin and radiotherapy: a phase IB neoadjuvant study for esophageal cancer with gene expression analysis. Cancer investigation 2009; 27(2):193-200 .
- Seeing what's out of sight: wireless capsule endoscopy's unique ability to visualize and accurately assess the severity of gastrointestinal graft-versus-host-disease. Biology of blood and marrow transplantation 2009; 15(5):643-648 .
- Outcomes of percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube placement using a T-fastener gastropexy device in head and neck and esophageal cancer patients. Nutrition in clinical practice 2010; 25(6):658-662 .
- Medical management of pneumatosis intestinalis in patients undergoing allogeneic blood and marrow transplantation. Bone marrow transplantation 2011; 46(6):876-879 .
- Malignant gastroparesis: pathogenesis and management of an underrecognized disorder. Journal of supportive oncology 2007; 5(8):355-363 .
- The introducer technique is the optimal method for placing percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tubes in head and neck cancer patients. Surgical endoscopy 2007; 21(6):897-901 .
- Outcomes of Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy Tube Placement using the Brown-Muller T-fastener Technique in Head, Neck and Esophageal Cancer patients. American journal of gastroenterology 2009; 104(Suppl. 3):Abstract #1351 .
- Wireless Capsule Endoscopy as a Diagnostic Tool and Predictor of Acute and Chronic Graft-Versus-Host Disease. American journal of gastroenterology 2009; 104(Suppl. 3):Abstract #1354 .
- Aberrant crypt foci characterization in selected colorectal cancer risk groups. Proceedings of the American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting 2007; 48:397 .
- Wireless capsule endoscopy (WCE) is an important diagnostic and management tool of gastrointestinal (GI) acute and chronic graft versus host disease (GVHD) after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (AlloHSCT) and identifies gastroparesis as a prominent complication of GI GVHD. Blood 2007; 110(11 Part 1):Abstract #2985 .
- Medical management of pneumatosis intestinalis in patients undergoing allogeneic blood and marrow transplantation. Biology of blood and marrow transplantation 2009; 15(2 Suppl. 2):312 .